DIY Entertaining Food Home Seasonal
Thanksgiving Menu & RecipeNovember 21, 2016
I am so excited for Thanksgiving this year! The food and company is going to be incredible and I could really use the mini holiday. To ...
I am so excited for Thanksgiving this year! The food and company is going to be incredible and I could really use the mini holiday. To make things easier this year, everyone is in charge of bringing a part of the Thanksgiving menu-potluck style. My boyfriend, Mr. Darcy, is in charge of the bird and I am delightfully bringing most of the desserts. I asked for desserts because not only do I have allergies (to dairy and wheat) that make it hard to eat most desserts, but because I love to be creative with them and look like a baking goddess...I have no shame!
Check out our menu and steal this gluten free / dairy free chocolate cheesecake dessert that is so easy... it's technically cheating. Shh! Don't tell!
Cheesecake with Raspberries:
What You'll Need
- 1 Daiya Chocolate Cheezecake OR their New York Cheezecake (Your Choice! I found mine in the freezer aisle at Whole Foods).
- 1 container of Sunshine Raspberries, washed and dried. (I like Sunshine for Thanksgiving due to their golden-orange color and tartness, but you can substitute regular raspberries too).
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 bar dairy free dark chocolate bar, (optional)
- Whisk coconut milk, sugar, and cocoa powder until well combined.
- Pour into saucepan and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for ten minutes, and stir consistently.
- While simmering, remove Daiya Cheezecake from box and place on cake stand. Top with raspberries.
- Remove pan from heat, and add vanilla and coconut oil. Stir until well combined.
- Allow sauce to cool to room temperature, and pour over cheesecake and raspberries.
- Optional Top cheezecake and sauce with shavings from a 70% cocao chocolate bar
- Bask in everyone's praise while you know it was nothing! Mwhahaha! Ahem. Enjoy!
What is your favorite, easy recipe?
Do you ever potluck your Thanksgivings or do you love to do it alone?
What's your favorite recipe / dish?